Tuesday, January 22, 2008

2008 Football HOF Finalists



There are other things going on in the NFL that hasn't gotten much publicity as of late. And since we still have a week and a half of Super Bowl talk, I thought that I would mention about the Pro Football Hall of Fame finalists. Seventeen finalists were chosen this past week with two of them in the first year of their eligibility. Wide receiver Cris Carter of the Eagles and Vikings, and corner back Darrell Green of the Redskins. My opinion is both players should be voted in this season on their first try as both were incredible players and both are members of the NFL's all-decade team for the 1990s. The election for the Hall is February 2nd, the day before the Super Bowl, and to be elected a finalist must receive 80% of the 44 votes. The rest of the class is very interesting especially for me, with my favorite player as a kid, WR Art Monk, gets another shot at the Hall. Other notables are: DEs Richard Dent and Fred Dean, LBs Derrick Thomas and Andre Tippett, Gs Russ Grimm and Randall McDaniel, P Ray Guy, T Gary Zimmerman, WR Andre Reed, and former commissioner Paul Tagliabue. If their is going to be a year for Monk to get in this is the year in my book. I find it hard to believe that he will get some votes stolen from him like he has been with Michael Irvin finally getting inducted. My other choices would probably be Derrick Thomas and Gary Zimmerman both were pro-bowlers for years unfortunately for Thomas his life was taken from him alittle to quick.

Below is part one of a 10 minute piece on the push for Art Monk for the Hall of Fame. I will be doing a rant for his push next week. So here's a small preview...
ART MONK - part one

Add to My Profile More Videos

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just put him in the Hall!! Right next to his teammates this year!