Thursday, December 27, 2007

I Know, I Know


For my very few readers, I apologize for my week long drought with my blogging. I'll make it up during the next few days. First things first, I hope that all of you had a safe and merry Christmas this past week. Because I had a great time! Christmas shopping is awesome in Florida, not only are there plenty of places to shop in my town and in Daytona, but one thing did occur to me while I was shopping and I began to realize that I don't live in the northeast anymore. The women are still wearing less! This is so great, I really don't mind being turned down as much anymore because as my uncle told me last week, their is probably another one wearing less right around the corner.

Anyhow, since their isn't a whole lot going on in the world of sports this will be all I right about. Yeah right!!! This isn't a excuse but with so many things going on in the world of sports lately only one topic that is of super importance to me today. And that is that Roger Clemens will be going on 60 Minutes airing January 6th, and will be interviewed by the great Mike Wallace. After the Mitchell Report came out I really didn't feel like writing about it because in my personal opinion even though a lot of good will come out of this report in the years to come, this whole month I felt that Major League baseball has been given a black eye. Reports are that Wallace is pretty good friends with Clemens but have you ever known Wallace to ever back down from a powerful person that he is interviewing. I have been waiting for Clemens and others that were listed in the report to come out and be very adamant about it being absurd that they were put on the list. I give Andy Pettitte a ton of credit for coming out as soon as possible and tell us that he did you HGH twice but both times were before the testing and when he was injured. That's all that Clemens had to do, instead he had his lawyer come out and say that he was pissed. To me all that he was doing was buying time to think of a better excuse, and it just made him look like he had something to hide. Doing this interview Mike Wallace is going to have to ask him some tough questions, one that has to be at the top of the list is this. "How can you explain that you and Pettitte are both great friends, you both had the same trainer, both had been named on the same report from that same trainer, but Pettitte has admitted it and you haven't?" I am just hoping that Clemens can just give us what we want during the interview, and that is the truth. Because, we already think less of 93 others that haven't come forward to tell us the truth. But unfortunately for him, Clemens is the number 1 man on that list right now and he has a legacy to protect.

No comments: