Thursday, December 13, 2007

Broncos/Texans


There is probably very few of you that are taking any interest in this game tonight. Bronco and Texan fans, gamblers, and fantasy owners take up 95% of the rating for tonight's game. The real reason all football fans should be watching tonight's game is because Bryant Gumbel isn't calling the game. Gumbel is nothing more than terrible when he does his play by play calling. He drives me crazy! Consistently, he mistakens players' names that made the catch or the tackle. His voice is just not suited to do play by play, and maybe I am the only one who thinks so. I was listening to the radio this week and analysts were making a big deal that he was missing tonight's game because he was sick. Hopefully, he has a bad case of the flu and misses the remainder of the NFL Network games. I really don't mind Cris Collinsworth, because he was a NFL receiver and he is not afraid at all to give his opinion on any play that happens during the game. But, Gumbel has no energy and I really believe that he doesn't prepare for the games like other play by play announcers do. So I'll keep flipping to the game tonight knowing that I won't be annoyed at Gumbel's depressing voice. That's the least I could do for the Network that has me still baffled that still only allows people with a dish to watch an NFL game.

1 comment:

Shorty said...

Gr8 f'n call Deez...I almost blogged about the same exact thing...Tom Hammond should do all the games instead of Gumbel...