Monday, December 17, 2007

Bout Time!


While I am still trying to get caught up with everything else that is going on outside of the fantasy football world, Michigan has finally found it's new coach. While all morning I have been greatly depressed because again I started the wrong players for my fantasy team, I couldn't help but smile when I read the news that Rich Rodriguez is leaving West Virginia to head a Michigan football program that needs to rebuild its image. Rodriguez is just the man for that! You can now realize as a nation just how big a program like Michigan football is when you can get a guy like Rodriguez who has played, graduated, and coached at his alma mater in West Virginia, and steer him away with a job offer like head coach at Michigan. His offensive scheme, which is a no-huddle spread offense, has worked everywhere he has been. From Tulane to Clemson to West Virginia, and I believe that it'll work in Michigan. I have been screaming from Michigan to change up their offense for years and finally they have hired someone that will do just that, I can't be more thrilled at this moment after the day I had yesterday. The only thing that I could enjoy yesterday was the ass-kicking that the Redskins gave the Giants! I am getting off track, Rodriguez who will bring in some coaches along with him and keep some of the Michigan assistants around has a chance to do something special with a program that hasn't won a National title since Lloyd Carr's third season as head coach. His offensive scheme could, i repeat could, keep the stud wide receiver Mario Manningham around for another season and possibly turn quarterback Ryan Mallet into a Heisman hopeful in the years to come. Rodriguez also has been great at recruiting great athletes to come and play for him, which I believe is especially difficult to do when your at West Virginia in the Big East Conference which is not at all popular with high school football prospects. Now Michigan has stole two coaches in a years time from West Virginia in basketball coach John Belein. I just hope that turning Mountaineers into Wolverines just works out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Now if he can only lure Noel Devine away from WV. That kid is nasty.