Friday, December 28, 2007

The College Bowl Weekend


This weekend couldn't get over any sooner. I found out some great news this week and I will be attending my first ever bowl game on New Years Day. That's right you guessed it, I will be attending the Capital One Bowl with the Michigan Wolverines traveling to Florida and playing last years champ in the Gators. So pumped, not to mention that they are lower level seats on the Michigan sideline in front of the 10 yard line!!! Though I will be missing a few games that afternoon, I will be coming home back in time for the highly anticipated Sugar Bowl. Here's a couple bowl games that will catch my eye every day leading up to New Years this weekend.

Today the Boston College Eagles will play a team in Michigan State who will be missing some defensive players due to conduct. I still think that this is still a nice test for B.C.'s Matt Ryan, who is a projected top 10 pick in the draft next season. This could be a shootout Ryan might being able to light up a second team secondary, and the Spartans who averaged the most points per game in the Big Ten this season. I LIKE THE EAGLES

Tomorrow the Uconn Huskies play the Wake Forest Demon Deacons and the only reason that I am interested in this game is that the Huskies have gone from a program trying to make a name for themselves to a top 25 team and a team playing in the Mieneke Car Care Bowl. I LIKE THE HUSKIES

Sunday is an NFL day so the only thing I'll be watching is NFL!

Monday, New Years Eve has some match ups that have different conferences clashing and they all intrigue me but the night game that night has two top ranked teams going at it. #15 Clemson plays #23 Auburn in the Chick-Fil-A Bowl. I remember making fun of the name of this bowl when I was living in Connecticut but now that I have ate at a Chick-Fil-A I will never again do that. A fast SEC team verses a tough Big 12 team. It really doesn't get much better when these two conferences go at it. I LIKE CLEMSON

Then you have New Years day! I will be already occupied with traveling to Orlando getting ready for my first Michigan game so the afternoon games are not relevant. The night game though is since I will be able to see it. Hawaii is playing Georgia in the Sugar Bowl. Yes, it was the Sugar Bowl when Boise State upset Oklahoma last year. Georgia who almost had the BCS Championship game in the palms of their hands is a very good team that nobody talks about. While Hawaii is the Cinderella story team this year, that is undefeated and wants some respect. I am willing to bet that this years Sugar Bowl won't have as much drama as last years, but I still think it will be a good one. I LIKE THE BULLDOGS

No comments: