Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Sean Taylor 1983-2007


This is very difficult for me to write about today and with this being my first day back to Florida, and my layover in Washington D.C. this story has followed me all day. Sean Taylor of the Washington Redskins and formerly of the Miami Hurricanes is dead following being shot by an intruder into his home early Monday morning. Taylor was drafted by the Redskins 5th overall in the 2004 NFL Draft. In all honesty, I was really pulling for Taylor to be picked by the 'skins because of his great awareness on the football field playing the free safety and strong safety positions. With a couple of problems with the law in 2005 and 2006 Taylor was turning into one of those players that you really despise. But, after the birth of his daughter and a Pro-Bowl appearance last season you could honestly see a change in this fierce player. Even his teammates were quoted saying that Taylor has really been making a effort in changing his "thuggish" ways. With Taylor cleaning up his act having 5 interceptions this season, and the Redskins drafting LSU standout Laron Landry to work along side Taylor in the secondary, this duo was looking to become a force and get the Redskins back to dominance. In my years of following sports neither of my teams has ever lost a player during the season, and too lose a player of that age and that much talent in the prime of his life is very difficult. How selfish can I be? I didn't even know the man but I am truly going to miss him on every Sunday playing for my favorite sports team. To me Taylor will always be remembered as a fierce competitor, with a insane desire to win, and a young phenom that was taken away too damn early. My prayers go out to the Taylor family and the entire Washington Redskin organization. So thank you Sean for you short stint with the Redskins entertaining me on Sundays, your loss will be tough one to swallow for a while.





No comments: