Saturday, November 17, 2007

Ohio State/Michigan


How much does it mean to Michigan fans playing Ohio State in their battle on the gridiron today? Well, for one we have been waiting 364 days to get back at them for taking away our shot at a National Championship last season, probably would have got blow out too though. As important as this game is, I am working today, but I am currently taking my morning break just to write about the game and my lunch break will consist of a hour lunch from 12 to 1, then going back to the office and punching out then back home on the couch for the remainder. I am a Michigan fan for one, but I am a realist too. For the first time in a long time I am giving Michigan no, I repeat, no shot today. At the beginning of the season I had high hopes with the "big three" on the offensive side of the ball(Chad Henne, Mike Hart, and Mario Manningham) as well as a top 5 pick in next years NFL draft in offensive tackle Jake Long. But, it all came to a crumble after week 1 and more so after the blowout from Oregon. Lloyd Carr's time is done at Michigan, not that I am not thankful for the Big Ten titles and one National Championship, but he has done nothing the last 5 seasons and its time for Michigan to start in a new direction even if they win today, which I already said is highly unlikely. Jim Tressel the coach at OSU has been totally out coaching Carr during his tenure and its driving Michigan fans crazy. Last week Henne played two series on offense and Mike Hart dressed but didn't play so my theory is that whatever the outcome of last week's game, it really didn't matter to Carr because no matter how it turned out they were to play for the Big Ten title no matter what this week. Even if Henne and Hart can play, I can't see Michigan's suspect defense to even complete with the Buckeyes. Living in Florida this past year and being able to watch the SEC on a regular basis, the Big Ten needs to do some changing and try to get better players to come and play at their school. That is something that I think Michigan will be able to do if they let someone else come in and change things around. So no matter what happens in today's game I'll be routing for the maze in blue especially for the seniors that haven't beaten Ohio State yet. But, I am hopeful that this is the end of the line for Carr and next year will be a fresh start.

Ohio State 37 Michigan 20

No comments: