Saturday, April 18, 2009

NBA Playoff Preview (1st Round)


I don't know about most of my readers, but I have had a tough time following the NBA this season. Yea, I know all about how Lebron, Kobe, and Dwayne have played this season since ESPN talks about them constantly. But, between football, college basketball, and now baseball the NBA just can't get a hold of someone like me. And it has been this way for a while. Yea, I still check out scores and have an idea of what is going on in the NBA when it is on television, but I never really go out of my way to find out what happened in the league the night before. The NBA Playoffs begin tonight with lots at stake, and still, I find it hard to look for great story lines. Yea, you have Lebron looking for his first title, KG out in Boston, and some possible upset specials in the 1st round of the Western Conference. But, the last couple of seasons for me the regular season always started this weekend. So I am going to try my best and follow the NBA a little closer over the next 3 months (at least it feels that long) and do the best I can to handicap the games for my readers. Here's a look at my 1st round predictions...


EAST


#1 Cleveland vs. #8 Detroit

No chance for the Pistons. Lebron is going to take over this series early. CAVS 4-1


#2 Boston vs. #7 Chicago

The baby Bulls will hang in there, but ultimately the Celts will prevail. CELTS 4-2


#3 Orlando vs. #6 Philadelphia

The Magic have to get rid of the Sixers early, just so that they can be ready for Rd. 2. MAGIC 4-2


#4 Atlanta vs. #5 Miami

Watching the Hawks on SportsCenter has impressed me, but so has Wade! HEAT 4-3


WEST


#1 Los Angeles vs. #8 Utah

Phil Jackson is so dominate in the first round and he doesn't even break a sweat. LAKERS 4-1


#2 Denver vs. #7 New Orleans

My NBA upset special. As long as I have a blog, I will never go against Chris Paul. HORNETS 4-3


#3 San Antonio vs. #6 Dallas

Everyone loves the Mavs in this series, not me! I thought the Spurs are great at home? SPURS 4-2


#4 Portland vs. #5 Houston

Somebody needs to help me out with this one, I really don't have a clue. So I am going with a push meaning my pick won't occur until game 7.

No comments: