Thursday, April 23, 2009

Deez' Mock Draft


I will continue the best draft picks by your team next week. But, before I head to Jacksonville this weekend for a much needed break. I will be posting you my mock draft for the 1st round. After much debate, and listening to countless hours of analysts, I have decided what team is doing what. Last year I did pretty well, this year I am looking for 50% correct. I can't wait for the draft, and this year I don't even have to rush out of work. Let's take a look at who I think will be going where, with a little overview on why. P.s. keep in mind that trades are always possible and my predictions are for the teams not the pick.


Deez' 2009 Mock Draft


1. Detroit Lions - Matthew Stafford/QB/Georgia

If they think that Stafford is a franchise QB then they have to go with him.

2. St. Louis Rams - Jason Smith/OT/Baylor

The Rams couldn't be happier seeing this man in a Rams jersey after Orlando Pace.

3. Kansas City Chiefs - Aaron Curry/OLB/Wake Forrest

Scouts say he is the best player in this years draft. Chiefs need a lot of help.

4. Seattle Seahawks - Mark Sanchez/QB/USC

After thinking that Sanchez is going to fall in this draft, it makes perfect sense here at 4.

5. Cleveland Browns - Brian Orakpo/DE/Texas

I don't know what the Browns will do here, but they should take Orakpo but they prob. won't.

6. Cincinnati Bengals - Eugene Monroe/OT/Virginia

This kid is a can't miss for the Bengals. Even though Andre Smith certainly acts like a Bengal.

7. Oakland Raiders - Michael Crabtree/WR/Texas Tech

They are all about the big names of the draft, Crabtree in my opinion has the biggest.

8. Jacksonville Jaguars - B.J. Raji/DT/Boston College

The Jags would have loved to see Crabtree here, but they will settle for a DT or trade the pick.

9. Green Bay Packers - Aaron Maybin/DE/Penn State

This makes sense. The Pack will be looking to add somebody to start right away with this pick.

10. San Francisco 49ers - Jeremy Maclin/WR/Missouri

The Niners will love seeing a playmaker like Maclin fall to ten for them. Instant offense!

11. Buffalo Bills - Tyson Jackson/DE/LSU

The Bills are in definite need of a pass rushing DE. They have to go with this position and BA.

12. Denver Broncos - Robert Ayers/DE/Tennessee

With all the DEs going fast they have to take one here. But, I really don't think that they will stay here.

13. Washington Redskins - Andre Smith/OT/Alabama

Here's the thing...I want them to go with a DE, real bad. But if this mammoth is on the board they need someone to fill in for aging Jon Jansen. I really am expecting fireworks on late Saturday afternoon with Dan Synder tearing up the phone lines. But, if I am them, and this player is on the board, this really is a no-brainer.

14. New Orleans Saints - Chris Wells/RB/Ohio State

The only way this doesn't happen in my opinion is if somebody jumps up to get him b4 the Saints do.

15. Houston Texans - Brian Cushing/OLB/USC

I don't know if any of you have seen USC's linebackers last year. But, Cushing was the one that stood out.

16. San Diego Chargers - Rey Maualuga/ILB/USC

I am getting queasy just thinking about him and Merriman playing the 'skins week 17.

17. New York Jets - Josh Freeman/QB/Kansas State

Jets fans won't be very happy as usual with their pick, but where else did you want them to go.

18. Denver (from Chicago) - Clay Matthews/OLB/USC

Like I said, I don't believe that they will pick at either spot, but this addresses both needs.

19. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Everette Brown/DE/Florida State

I really believe that this could end up being the steal of the draft. This kid is crazy good!

20. Detroit Lions - Michael Oher/OT/Mississippi

The Lions did what they were suppose to, grab a QB and OT with their first round picks.

21. Philadelphia Eagles - Knowshon Moreno/RB/Georgia

I was trying to find a way out of the Eagles drafting him but I can't. Only if they pull a "Stevey" again.

22. Minnesota Vikings - Eben Britton/OT/Arizona

This is going to be an interesting draft for the Vikings, what they will do first is key.

23. New England Patroits - James Laurinaitis/ILB/Ohio State

After addressing their cornerback need during free agency, linebacker is the smart play.

24. Atlanta Falcons - Larry English/DE/Northern Illinois

I thought that they might go elsewhere, but with Tony Gonzalez coming to town I changed my mind.

25. Miami Dolphins - Darrius Heyward-Bey/WR/Maryland

My Dolphin readers should be extremely happy with this playmaking speedster from the ACC.

26. Baltimore Ravens - Hakeem Nicks/WR/North Carolina

They won't be happy missing out on Heyward-Bey, but Nicks is a nice replacement.

27. Indianapolis Colts - Kenny Britt/WR/Rutgers

The WR draft class is so deep that the Colts will just be happy one of them will still be on the board.

28. Philadelphia (from Carolina) - Brandon Pettigrew/TE/Oklahoma State

The NFC East just got that much tougher with this pick. I hate the Pitbull and all Eagle fans if this happens!

29. New York Giants - Jared Cook/TE/South Carolina

The G-men really get screwed here, as the big wide outs are gone, and the Eagles steal Pettigrew from them.

30. Tennessee Titans - Percy Harvin/WR/Florida

The Titans are going to build their offense with speed, short passes from Collins to Harvin sound nice.

31. Arizona Cardinals - LaSean McCoy/RB/Pittsburgh

NFL experts are saying that Hightower doesn't look like the answer, McCoy could very well be.

32. Pittsburgh Steelers - Vontae Davis/CB/Illinois

I thought Dr. Z was crazy when I saw his picks, but when the Steelers see this guy on the board, he will be gone!

2 comments:

Pitbull said...

I will lose my mind if Moreno is on the board and not picked by the Eagles. No more Stevie, I still have nightmares. As for getting Boldin in a draft day deal would be preferred for our second round pick and 1 of 4 5th round picks would be nice. I'm excited about tomorrow but Andy Reid never makes me feel warm and fuzzy on draft day.

Anonymous said...

if the jets get a good wr everyone get ready to buy a new york jets jerseys

adamant