Friday, April 3, 2009

Final Four

How's everyone's picks? Probably like mine, unless of course your a blogger that runs his own tournament pools, he's not even a college basketball guru (Big East or Uconn only), and somehow is winning his own bracket. Whatever, I can hate all I want since I am 1500 miles away and this is my party and I'll cry if I want to. The fact of the matter is this weekend, that there are only 4 teams and only 4 days left. So thank god for baseball season starting on Sunday because I would be lost until the week before the NFL Draft. Everybody is expecting the only 1 seeds left to advance to Monday's Championship match up. Is it that clear cut? We here at The Nutz don't think so. So I am going to just make arguments in my preview for the underdogs. I'll explain...

Michigan State vs. UCONN 6:07

Let's get right to the first game and all of my favorite UCONN fans. My only wish right now, at this point, would only be me in Connecticut and getting the chance to know how all of Huskymania feel about their next game. Because I would only smile at all of them that think that they have a this game in the bag. And for those of you that are crying about Michigan State playing a "home game", well cry me a river, if your good enough then just win the game and stop complaining. Lot's of hate out of me today, huh? Alright well let's get to the game. Who will win the rebounding stat and the Spartans outside shooting are my keys. As we saw with Missouri and Purdue they stayed in the game while they were hitting their jumpers, when they weren't, well we already know. As for the rebounding, I wouldn't care about Uconn's fast break points with the team that Coach Izzo has on the floor, so I would send 4 guys crashing the boards. That's just me. And if the Huskies decide to rebound like the way they got away with it against Purdue, they surely will lose. I saw a stat today that doesn't surprise me one bit, and I am going back to my "always complaining about something" Husky fans. Uconn has a season ratio of trips to the foul line compared to their opponents of 8.5 to 1. So I will guarantee you this, Uconn in foul trouble or Michigan State is at the line more often, the Huskies are going down...Connecticut...DOWN!


Villanova vs. North Carolina 8:47



I have been a huge fan of watching Villanova in HD all season long. So when Scottie Reynolds hit the game winner last weekend, I danced around the bar like a jerk. People probably thought that I went to Nova, or I had them in my bracket. Well, they were wrong, I was just happy to see them play another game. Even though beating Pitt wasn't good for my picks. Problem is in this game is that this match up heavily favors the Tarheels. The Wildcats want to run, they want to play man to man, and well they want to run. This is what makes North Carolina successful. I posted after the Duke/UNC game that Coach Krzyzewski is too proud to change his defensive tactics against a team like the Tarheels and that is why they lost. Coach Jay Wright needs to change it up...no, has to! And honestly, I would go right at Tyler Hansbrough...right at him! Find a way to frustrate him, and there is no better way to frustrate a competitor like Tyler than have him sitting on the bench early in foul trouble. Nova's defense is really going to have to shine and turn turnovers into instint points. I really don't see many Tarheel fans packing the streets of Detroit for this one. So expect like in the first game for the fans to cheer louder for the underdogs. The start of the game is important, don't let the Tarheels up early...stay in the game as long as you can and keep the fans on your side. Don't worry Wildcats, even though the Tarheels were my pre-season pick on The Nutz to win it all, I will rooting for you again. So do me proud and give me another attempt at my dancing at the bar...like a jerk!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

deez you little uconn and syracuse hater you just hate the big east, hate is not good for the soul lil buddy. U-C-O-N-N! UCONN!!UCONN!!!!UCONNNNNNNN!!! your gonna hate seeing calhoun celebrate monday night but face it most under-rated ncaa men's couch ever!
Night Train Rules Vegas!

deez said...

love me some jon fid!!!!