Thursday, July 24, 2008

Random Thoughts Today


Sorry for my blog delay. Been working overtime and on top of that I just got another injury to my body to boot. The toe is doing a lot better thank god, but unfortunately for me I got an object stuck in my eye so my eye has been swollen for a couple of days. What's next? Anyway, got a lot I want to get to!



When I see the highlights of the brawl (catfight with a big dog) between the WNBA's Detroit Shock and LA Sparks I felt like I was back inside Chad's bedroom with the crew drinking beers on a Thursday night watching WWF. How anyone can tell me with a straight face that this was not a "staged" fight please come forward. The WNBA needed an audience and they got their best ratings ever this week with that. Good for you WNBA! Seriously, you grabbed the attention of the sports nation this week, so you deserve an applause. Next up for the WNBA, a mud pit fight between Candice Parker and Swin Cash!


On this blog you deserve credit when it is due, especially when you get ripped on this same blog. The New York Mets have been playing incredible baseball for the past month. Everyone has been attributing to the streaking Mets as well. From top to the bottom of the line-up, the bench, the starting pitching staff and the bullpen (somewhat). With their afternoon victory over the Jimmy Rollinless Phillies, the Mets have taken a game lead in the NL East. Rollins, showed up late to the ballpark today so he was out of the starting line up and ended up pitch hitting in the 9th to make the final out of the game, great punishment! So in honor of the great run the Mets are on, here's to my Met fan readers:


"L E T S G O M E T S!!!!!"

Justin Timberlake, in my opinion, was given a B+ for his efforts in the 2008 ESPY Awards. He is really a great showman when he is on the stage. Probably one of the best all-around performers today. Great job JT!!!


Last Saturday afternoon when Greg Norman was finishing his 3rd round, I do not remember which announcer said it but he said something that would turn Norman's weekend on Sunday. He said, "Norman has a chance to kill all of his last day demons and turn around a legacy that is tarnished with failures on the last day in Major titles." Right then and there I knew that Norman was doomed! Instead of killing "his last day demons" he made his legacy the same that it was if the tournament never even started. I really wish that he didn't tease us this weekend with his play because I was really pushing for the 53-year-old to win his third major championship. So nothing has changed Norman's legacy after the British Open, except the fact that he allowed his new wife, Chris Evert, to sneak on camera and give you the most cheesiest kiss ever. And finishing in third got you that much closer to paying off your divorce settlement!


I usually hate the fact that players holdout during training camp in the NFL, but this one I think might have a little gripe. -- Devin Hester, a two-time Pro-Bowler, who has electrified the NFL with 11 punt and kickoff returns for touchdowns in his first two seasons, skipped the Chicago Bears' first training camp practice Wednesday in a holdout. Hester really isn't getting paid like most play makers in the NFL, let alone Pro-Bowlers. Hester, is going to make less than a half a million this season which for once I can see a player having a problem with this. So, "Pay that man his money" and get him into camp Chicago.


Finally Brett Favre is still undecided, and it is really starting to piss me of with him part of my Keeper Fantasy League! MAKE A DECISION ALREADY!

2 comments:

Shorty said...

WNBA is a joke...Nancy Lieberman? She's 80 years old for God's sake...

Anonymous said...

lets go mets
deez i will trade you my first pick for favre is he becomes a jet