Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Fifteen Years of The Sandlot

Today I am going to start a tribute to one of the greatest baseball movies of my time. While watching it on HBO the other day, it came to me how old I am, and that it has been fifteen years since the film came to theatres. What I am going to do is give a tribute to each of the players from The Sandlot, the actors that played that character, and what the character meant to the movie.


TIMMY TIMMONS - The left-handed first baseman was probably one of the most overlooked characters in the film. Not a great ball player, and we didn't get a sense of what kind of kid he was until we finally figured out that he was a smart kid when the movie got to "The Pickle" part of the film that they were in. At first, all that we knew about him was that he had a little brother on the team that constantly repeated everything that he said. Poor kid! Besides him getting left in the tree house after the vacuums exploded, his most famous part in my book was when "Squints" awoke from the pool and the camera went right to him up close and he said, "Oh man he's in deep shit!". Classic to hear that from an eleven year old. Timmy was played by Victor DiMattia who is currently 29-years-old and was last seen still living in California. This child actor's last film was Children of the Dark back in 1994. He was also seen before The Sandlot in minor roles on shows like Family Ties, Punky Brewster, Married with Children, and Growing Pains. He was also a voice in the hit cartoon movie Oliver and Company and starred as Dennis the Menace in Dennis the Menace: Dinosaur Hunter. I thought that Timmy showed great signs of making it as a baseball player with his stellar defense at first and a imaginative mind. With his brother, he became an architect and a contractor never getting the chance of his little annoying brother leaving his side.

7 comments:

Chillwill said...

OH MY.......GREATEST BLOG EVER!

Shorty said...

wait...you're going to do character analysis on every character from the movie? Don't you think that's just a bit...umm...AWESOME! One of your best ideas yet brotha! Sandlot is classic!

deez said...

thanks fellas! hope that you enjoy!!!

Anonymous said...

good morning fellas. I'm actually into shoes and I was searching for that singular make. The prices as regards the shoes are around 310 dollars on every site. But completely I bring about this site selling them someone is concerned half price. I exceptionally want these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]prada sneakers[/url]. I will definetly order those. what is your opinion?

Anonymous said...

hi there fellas. I'm honestly into shoes and I had been digging as far as something that singular brand. The prices due to the fact that the shoes were around 330 pounds on every page. But for all I found this area selling them for half price. I absolutely like these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will definetly order those. what can you say about it?

Anonymous said...

hi dudes. I'm actually into shoes and I had been looking allowing for regarding that singular make. The prices for the shoes were around 310 pounds on every site. But finally I base this site selling them for half price. I absolutely want those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will absolutely purchase them. what is your opinion?

Anonymous said...

Hi! I love this movie and I was wondering if there was somewhere I could buy this picture? It's framed at the end of the movie and I would love it for my room haha. Please Let me know. Thanks-and great blog!