Thursday, July 10, 2008

Random Thoughts Today

Felon Matt Jones

I will start my "Random Thoughts Today" by letting all of you know that breaking your little toe in your foot is very uncomfortable. I did this to my foot Monday morning, waking up from a Sunday night banger. I have never felt pain like this in a very long time. Thinking that I just hurt it instead of breaking it wasn't good. Since I irritated my toes by driving to and from Jacksonville that same day then the following day to work on top of my uncle's roof. When I got home Tuesday and took off my shoe, the entire right side of my toes were blue. Sweet! Still feels like terrible, but the doctor told be if your going to break any part of your body your little toes are the way to go. Thanks doc, this doesn't really help me though! Lots of bad news on my thoughts today...


Matt Jones was arrested on a felony drug charge in Fayetteville, Arkansas is former college town. The 25-year-old Jones and two others were arrested early Thursday. The officers that were on the scene said that Jones was cutting up cocaine with a credit card inside his car. A police report said officers approached the car and an officer drew his handgun after Jones did not immediately show his hands. All I know is that this really hurts the Jacksonville Jaguars who Jones is a very big part of their offensive scheme. Now he will be easily looking at a 4 game suspension or more. Way to go Matt!


A former guard for the 2000 runner up Florida Gators in the NCAA Tournament was charged with rape. Teddy Dupay, was on a ski trip in Utah last month where woman claims that he beat and raped her. Investigators found two fractured ribs, bruises on her arm, shoulder and thigh. As well as, a swollen left eye and scratches on her back. The woman told police that she had had a relationship of two years with Dupay, but it wasn't known if it was current. Dupay acknowledged in court documents that he and the woman "got a little rough" but he did not rape her. "Little Rough" Teddy, huh? What the hell turns you on?


For some reason I am shocked that the New York Mets and Yankees didn't get their guys voted in for the All-Star game next week. David Wright in the National League and Jason Giambi in the American League were with a list of 4 others to get voted in by the fans to make the final roster spot on their respected All-Star teams. And both didn't get voted on by it peers with the game in New York. I am not saying that Cory Hart and Evan Longoria aren't deserving of making the team, I am just really stunned that the New Yorkers didn't get their guys in. Oh wait, now I remember...Everyone hates New York players!


I would really like to say what's on my mind about the newly released Seattle Mariner Richie Sexson, but I like to keep this blog as clean as possible. But this guy didn't do $#!* while with the M's. After signing a 4 year 50+ million dollar deal with the team he did nothing but looking good, striking out! In more than 2100 at bat he has had since signing with the team, he has struck out...ready for this 497 times!!! Here's another your outta here Richie. And don't come back!


Ken Griffey Jr. missed out on starting in the All-Star the last couple of days before the final tally was announced. Ryan Braun ended up beating him out, and can I say even with being a Junior fan...THANK GOD! I would have felt uncomfortable for Griffey if he was in the starting line up batting .240 with 12 homers. So Boston fans you better feel the same, because I don't give a flying you no what about being voted in by the players. Jason Varitek has no right being announced as an All-Star this year. Sorry Jason, if I were you I would have said, "No, thanks! I can't even bat my weight!". Now on this guy's career resume he will have an extra All-Star appearance. Nice!


And so you know I will not be a Tony Stewart fan anymore after him leaving Joe Gibbs racing earlier this week. Tony, do you realize that you are leaving a guy that is a pure winner?


No comments: