Friday, May 25, 2007

PREDICTIONS

It took a while but the self-proclaimed most improved player of 2006 came to his final predictions for the 2nd annual Midland Invitational Tournament. Before I give my opinions on this tournament I just hope that there is no love lost between us because we all know that it would be a totally different tournament with me in the CT. Also, i expect a tournament when i come back the week of July 4th to get my Hall of Fame points up. Here it goes....

DIVISION A

As my counterpart shorty already informed you, this is the toughest division for the top 3 teams to come out of. Very, very difficult! It's hard not pick JJ and The Kid to runaway with the division,so I won't do it. Gibby and The Rick will win this division, because their defense is sick, always has. They won't win it by much, but Gibby will not and can not fail to get the first round bye. With that, JJ and The Kid will finish in second and JJ won't be pleased. The third and finally position in Division A is going to come down to who wants it the most, and my feeling is The Mif needs to prove is status of being an elite. We all know about his run with JJ and Ithink that I can speak for most who say JJ has always been Mif's Jordan! So I fully expect Mif to come out firing with his new and my former teammate Kelvin riding along side. I think that Kel will be fine and confident, if you don't believe me just ask him he'll tell you. Sorry to Snack and Chris, and Shorty and Pat. It's just not in the cards for the Wrenn family going on the roads to the in laws.

DIVISION B

Before Shorty's odds I made up my mind that the Irishman and KO were going to take this division and I will not change now. The rookie Irishman I have full confidence in, and if Keith can win with Bri G as a partner in is home court, why not with the Irishman. Now we got 2nd and 3rd, this is where it is tricky. I really feel that the tiebreakers will be in affect after round robin play. So I had to ask myself, who would I want on my team to take the final shots when the games are down to the wire. And the two names left on the board that kept popping up were Murdz and Lamay. Ronbo and The Pitbull are going to intimidate every team with their will to win, and The Pig and Paul have no shot if the tournament lasts longer than its suppose to, because both of them as we all know will end up stupid drunk. So with that, I like Murdz and Lovins to finish with the second seed and following ever so closely Lamay with with his leashed cat JV.

PLAYOFFS

No matter how your playoff system goes, in the KO and Irishman bracket your going to have to get past a smart duo and they will not fold under pressure, so I see the semi final game, whoever they play, not to be close. So the KO/Irishman team defends home court and will walk easily into the finals. Remember my piece on Division A where JJ was not happy with his 2nd place round robin finish, well revenge will be in order as they face the divisional champs Gibby and The Rick. In what most of us like to call, an instant classic, this back and forth battle goes sour as Gibby gets called for two low tosses and The Kid strikes right back with a cup hit and sink(BANG, BANG)! And that would be the end of the Gibby and The Rick run at the title.


CHAMPIONSHIP

Where legends are made, where JJ has already two titles under his belt and The trusty Kid on his side playing his heart out for the self proclaimed MJ of beerdie. On the other side of the table we have the Irishman, looking to be the rookie of the year and with him, KO...sexy, clutch, smooth! Where home court advantage will play a factor throughout the tournament and more so in the finals,KO and the Irishman come from behind to steal their first tournament from the mighty JJ!

Good luck to all you guys! I wish i was there and miss you all! In honor of the Midland Invitational I will be wearing last years t-shirt at work tomorrow.

That's my story and I'm stickin to it!

4 comments:

Shorty said...

Awesome! I loved it bro...gr8 write up...

Ronbo said...

Deez -

What up man? How's FL? I'm kind of jealous still being up here in CT...

Hey, nice looking blog. I'm all about the black background, as for I did that on my site too...Is it ok if I link to your blog from mine? And maybe you could do the same?

Either way, hit me up on my blog at http://ronbonation.com or email me at ronbonation@gmail.com

~Ronbo

Ronbo said...

oh yeah one

Shorty said...

Ready Deez? Go to either YouTube.com or wherever the video is that you wish to put on your site. Once you're there, there should be a link that says "embed" copy that link and then paste it into the 'edit html' portion of your post...if you have any problems...let me know!