Thursday, May 24, 2007

my first blog! not a good one!


For my first posting on this site I will have to start it on a sour note. Earlier this morning, all employees for the city of Palm Coast were on high alert. Usually, when the city is on high alert, this means that we are expecting a bad hurricane or tornado that they found on radar. Until I spoke to my lead foreman, i wasn't too scared. When he gave me the news...I was terrified!

At about 8:00 a.m. Palm Coast's city hall was given a threat that a gentleman, whose name i will not identify, was going to leave his city department with a bang! This gentleman has had treatment in the past for depression and anger management. Supposedly, he was told that he was going to be suspended and possibly fired for his continued rage on the job and kept refusing to take his medication. So after being notified of his upcoming suspension, he went to his psychologist and told him/her that if he got fired from his job working for the city that he was going to leave there with a bang, and will probably be unavailable for his appointments anymore. The man then went home from his doctor's and he called his friend(who is also a city employee)and gave the same disturbing news and told him to say away.

As far as i know today his friend came in to work and notified his lead man. With that, the lead man notified city hall, and city hall with the public works departments, were evacuated. And yet, other departments were not, and we all were told was to stay alart for a city employee with a gun. That's it! If you were to come in contact with this person you were to call 911 and run away. Thanks! Let me think about that, if the person that I don't even know what he looks like or what kind of car he is driving approaches me, what should i do..."Excuse me are you the crazy city employee that wants to kill all of us?"

As of right now the crazed man is still not found and from what I understand it will be business as usual for all city employees tomorrow. On a good note, I am fine, just confused with the way my city handled this whole operation.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Does this include teachers?!?! If so your on your own deez!