Thursday, May 31, 2007

Spurs verses...


OK, OK...so i barely watched any of the Western Conference Finals, safe to say that I had better things to do with my time. But, I would catch the highlights and do the occasional flip/flop with the remote. For as strong as the Western Conference is suppose to be, again I do not watch a lot of the regular season, why was this series such a sleeper? I think that I have a couple of answers to that question being a NBA Playoff fan.

3) The Spurs are boring to the regular NBA fans...This is me speaking, honestly they really are a great TEAM, they play as a TEAM, and win or lose as a TEAM! Tim Duncan is not flashy, they don't run and gun, they really play great defense, and they play the physical game which I love. From my perspective the true NBA fan loves the fast paced game with high flyin dunks, and alley oop passes, and with the fancy around the back of the backboard to himself for the tomahawk jam. Sorry not this guy. I would have watched more of the Spurs/Jazz series but it was toooooo over matched, I knew that the Jazz had no chance. The Spurs are a disciplined team and your going to have to live with it America because they are not done winning yet!

2) Golden State upsets the Mavericks in Rd 1... Don't get me wrong this was great as a whole for the NBA, making the NBA look more balanced as a league. It would have been a lot better if the Warriors ended up in the Western Conference Finals instead of getting abused against the Jazz, though. You cannot tell me as a fan of the NBA that seeing a Mavericks/Spurs final doesn't sound kinda sweet. We would have had the NBA's MVP facing off against a great champion in Tim Duncan, come on! I was routing for the Warriors all the way in that series, but once we got to the point of the Western Finals I was saying to myself, "Damn...sure would have been better if the Warriors went home in round 1 instead."

1) Robert Horry kills the Suns/Spurs series...I knew that this series was done once the suspensions were handed out. Tough break for the NBA, they had what they wanted Suns/Spurs. The nation wanted to see this, hell, I was pumped to see this series. Then my boy, big shot Rob, took out the leagues perennial white boy, and that stupid leave the bench rule comes into effect and that's the series. I don't care how well the suns played in game 5 they were done! The series that everyone was talking about turned sour and then it was over in six. I much as I can sit here and tell you that the leave the bench rule is stupid, it's a league rule. Assistant coaches, hell they have enough of them, should have been all over that once Nash hit the floor. But, what are you going to do, better luck next year Nash. I hope that you get yours before your done.

Hey, this is what we got...Spurs verses the winner of the Detroit/Cleveland series. I really think that if the Cavs somehow find a way to get past the Pistons, the Spurs will have no prob with Lebron. And Tim Duncan, will be sitting in front of us with 4 titles under his belt...amazing! And I really think that the NBA is praying for Lebron in the finals, from a ratings stand point. But, if your a basketball fan, as I am, you want the Pistons and the Spurs. This is basketball...physical defense, passing, discipline, and no stars!

2 comments:

Shorty said...

Nice job Deez...did u catch Lebron last night? Wow...

http://extrapolater.wordpress.com/2007/06/01/this-just-in-lebron-has-serious-game/

deez said...

thanks bud...unbelievable!