Friday, February 6, 2009

What 2 Watch This Weekend

I haven't done one of these in a while, but like most of you, I am already looking into what in the hell will be on television now that the NFL season is over. Plus, earlier this week I witnessed something on the upcoming schedule this weekend that I had no idea about. It is my "Must Watch" game of the week. Take a look at what we should get into this weekend.

FRIDAY
Celtics @ Knicks - That's right! With the NFL over, it's time for The Nutz to start getting into some NBA basketball. After Kobe's and Lebron's performances at the Garden...who's next?
SATURDAY
Notre Dame @ UCLA - A weekend filled with great matchups that we could theoretically call bracket busters early on starts in California. The Fighting Irish have a lot of losses...alot! They also have found themselves in the 12th slot in the Big East. Been very unimpressed with the Irish, and they aren't deserving of a NCAA bid, but beating the Bruins on the West Coast would help things.
Miami @ Duke - Only because my brother would think that this is a big game. Miami is coming off a very impressive win at Wake Forest. While, the Blue Devils just got knocked on their asses verses a great Clemson team. I love watching Jack McClinton shoot the rock, so watch the game and hopefully we will see the Hurricanes get another quality win on their resume.
Syracuse @ Villanova - I gotta say (sorry Pitbull, but we already went over this), I am not at all impressed with the Orangemen's play this season. I have been corrected before about this, but I do not believe that the man-to-man defense that Jim Boehiem has been using, been successful. Don't get me wrong, I would never second guess a coach like him, but I don't see it working. And it carries over to the offensive end, not to mention, that the 'cuse is the worst foul shooting team in the entire nation. This would be a huge victory not only for their resume but their moral.
SUNDAY
Purdue @ Illinois - Finally, the Boilermakers have shown up this season! Since their near fall at Northwestern, they have really shown what kind of team they are expected to be. Illinois has shocked the nation so far, but there are plenty of games to go. Purdue is currently ranked 13th, and a victory on their home court would go far for the Fighting Illini.
Lakers @ Cavs - Kobe nets 61, Lebron hits for 52 with a couple more double figured categories. NBA action on Sunday begins this weekend and what better way to start things off then the league's two best players.
The NFL Pro Bowl - Only if your that bored.
MUST WATCH GAME OF THE WEEK
MICHIGAN @ UCONN - For those of you that have known me for a long time, I have been wanting this match up since I became a Michigan fan. Now, finally at the tender age of 31, my dream has turned into a nightmare. "Your just lucky Calhoun won't put us on your schedule!" That's what I repeat to friends, classmates, teachers, and even the Wilcox Tech librarian (Yes, Wilcox had a library). Every year, at least in the 90s, that they would find themselves on the same side of the NCAA Bracket, but to no avail. Now, they are finally playing each other, when this UCONN team has been my favorite team since Cliff Robinson was turning the Huskies into a NIT Championship team. They have everything going for them this season I believe. You know I got it bad when I want to really like Jeff Adrian but I know that I will only take heat for it. With the "Boys in Blue" I wish that I could have said I told you so. I knew the early season victories were a fluke. Now they find themselves at 15-8 heading to UCONN. If the Wolverines end up with the victory...just face it you don't need that in your lives...you really don't!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

After that loss, I won't be satisfied unless Duke wins by 20. But, seriously I think Jay Bilas was right when he said there will be blood in the next Duke practice. Be careful to look at each Duke player during the game and see 3 to 4 new bruises.