Thursday, February 12, 2009

Random Thoughts Today


A few things I would like to dive into today. First off for those of you that don't know, I was promoted at work a few weeks ago and my life has been all about my job since. I find myself even dreaming at night of what my day will be like in the a.m. Also, what sucks is my hours on Tuesdays and Wednesdays have now changed to me working until 10:00 p.m. Luckily for me I was able to work til 9:30 and catch the end of the 1st half and the rest of the UNC/Duke game. A ton of things are on my mind as of late including what will happen this tax season. So I might drift a little today, but there are definitely some topics I would love to get into.


First off in honor of my father, who doesn't really read this blog to much anymore, next week I will be honoring him with "COACHES WEEK" here at The Nutz. My father like most of you know will be leaving Meriden for good in a few weeks, and with him being the ultimate coach in my opinion, for the city of Meriden for such a long time that I he deserves his do. So next week I will be honoring him and other coaches on the professional, college, high school, and my all-time favorites that have influenced me for the better throughout my life.


Also, coming soon I promise, will be my winners and losers on National Signing Day. I am still waiting for the #1 prospect RB Bryce Brown, who is pulling a Terrelle Pryor and still can't make up his mind where he wants to attend school in the fall. I think that it is high time the NCAA steps up and puts an end to this. Brown is likely for Miami, but all of the sudden Oregon has stepped into the mix. This is why I am waiting because if he lands in south Florida, Miami will have a very successful recruiting season, if not...you know.


I don't want to piss off my brother too much, since he finally graced The Nutz with a post yesterday, but when is Coach K going to put his pride aside. I realize he is one of the the best coaches in the game, but Coach...you can't run with the Tarheels nor can you play 3/4 man-to-man the entire game with a small bench. I realize that your man-to-man style is what makes your team go, but common. Did yo honestly think that you could defeat the Tarheels with an up and down pace. UNC will not be beaten this season if teams continue to try to beat the Tarheels at their own game. What a physical game though last night, huh? Lots of fun to watch. UNC really looked sharp last night both defensively and offensively, though. Probably because coach Roy Williams did the best job I have seen in a while at substituting his players in and out every 3 minutes. One of the top teams in the nation really put on a show last night, so did...


UCONN! I didn't get a chance to watch the game, but I think that I saw enough in the highlights. The Huskies are really going to be battle tested now that I just read the season has come to the end for Husky guard Jerome Dyson, with a torn meniscus in his right knee. Dyson seems to let the game come to him, which I absolutely love in a player. I can see kindof why some say that he is Jim Calhoun's favorite. He works hard on both ends of the court, and is second on the team in both scoring and assists. This is a tough loss to swallow for my former state...oh well shit happens I guess!


Brett Favre is gone...for good? I think so, the dude just looked extremely exhausted the final 4 weeks of the season. Say what you want about the guy, but his consecutive game streak is pretty phenomenal!


How in the world can Bud Selig punish A-Rod? When asked about it Selig should have just informed the reporter that this is why we have a testing policy now, he has no control over what the players did back in the early '00s. Let's just try to move on from this shitty situation.


For my snowbirds up north, the weather in the Sunshine State has really stepped up where I am not bothered in the least to get to work in the morning or afternoon. Mid-70s, low 80s with the warm sun has been what I have been waiting for after the worst winter in my county's history.


Ladies and gentlemen we are in the second week of February with 9 days left until the College Baseball season...The proclaimed Seth Davis of College Baseball will be appearing soon to discuss the '09 season with you all.

1 comment:

deez said...

HAHAHA! i just talked to pablo about it. i finally put up the tony stewart #20 in the garage a couple of weeks ago, but that is all the nascar that you will be getting out of me. especially about "the 500". the only reason why i know it has been two years since moving to florida is because i moved the week of the 500, ahhh memories!