Sunday, February 1, 2009

The Super Bowl


I saw a stat in the USA Today this weekend that I totally forgot about and it blew my mind, and brought me back. The Washington Redskins in their Super Bowl victory had 602 yards of total offense against the Denver Broncos in their victory in XXII. I remember that day like it was yesterday. The week before the game I took heat from all the kids at school about how good the Broncos are and that the Redskins didn't have a chance. And I shoved it in their faces the Monday morning after. My father came home from work that Monday smiling at me like a new man, because our favorite team had won the Super Bowl. He went to Billings Sports after work that day and bought me my first football jersey...of my favorite Redskin, Art Monk. I guess where I am going with this is that the Super Bowl is a very special time during sports year where memories could last a lifetime. You are always going to remember a Super Bowl! Where you were, who you were with, and the outcome. My Redskins have won 3 Super Bowls in my lifetime where I really only got to witness 2 of them, but I remember both. I even taped them on our vcr recorder, that's how special those games were to me. The last 10-15 years the Redskins have been tough to watch, but I can still tell you where I was and who I was with when the Titans lost by a yard to the Rams, or watching the Cowboys dominate the 90s, or when Jerry Rice was playing on the big stage, even when the Raven beat up the Giants in the worst Super Bowl of my lifetime. The Super Bowl is always filled with memories, so I hope that all of you get to enjoy this one. It should be very interesting with an offensive team facing a defensive team. I hope that all of my readers get to enjoy the day, and I will be posting my betting picks shortly.

2 comments:

Shorty said...

well said...

deez said...

thanks chris, emotional deez came out, again!