Monday, February 23, 2009

The 1st Annual Deezs

I can't get into much detail over all the winners and losers of last night's Academy Awards because the fact is that I haven't seen many of the nominees of the top films. So I would be totally out of line if I said that Sean Penn definitely didn't deserve the Oscar for Actor in a Leading Role for his role in Milk. But, I don't think that I am out of line when I say, "When is Comedy going to get some love?". Well here at The Nutz we love comedies, in fact there is nothing better than a good comedy. So without further ado, here are The Deezs for movie comedies in the 2008 movie season. Enjoy!



Best Supporting Actor

Robert Downey Jr. - Tropic Thunder

Tom Cruise - Tropic Thunder

Justin Timberlake - The Love Guru

Jon Turturro - You Don't Mess With Zohan

Russell Brand - Forgetting Sarah Marshall

WINNER - TOM CRUISE

Best Supporting Actress

Mary Steenburgen - Step Brothers

Mo'Nique - Welcome Home Roscoe Jenkins

Rosie Perez - PineApple Express

Lizzy Caplan - My Best Friend's Girl

Tilda Swinton - Burn After Reading

WINNER - MO'NIQUE

Best Actress

Frances McDormand - Burn After Reading

Kristen Bell - Forgetting Sarah Marshall

Cameron Diaz - What Happens in Vegas...

Anne Hathaway - Get Smart

Jessica Alba - The Love Guru

WINNER - FRANCES MCDORMAND

Best Actor

Adam Sandler - You Don't Mess With Zohan

Jim Carrey - Yes Man

Will Ferrell - Step Brothers

John C. Reilly - Step Brothers

Jason Segal - Forgetting Sarah Marshall

WINNER - JOHN C. REILLY

Best Picture

Step Brothers

Forgetting Sarah Marshall

Burn After Reading

In Bruges

Tropic Thunder

WINNER - STEP BROTHERS

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

No love for 'nick and norah's' or 'zach and miri' huh? I think Kat Dennings deserves a nominations. Or her boobs do.

Anonymous said...

early 2009 comedies-

Paul Blart (Kevin James)
Miss March
Adventureland (Bill Hader)
I Love You, Man. (paul rudd)
Observe, and Report (Seth Rogen, Anna Faris)
Next Day Air (Mos Def, Donald Faison, Mike Epps)
Night at the Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian (Stiller, O. Wilson)
Dance Flick (Wayans Bros.)
The Hangover
The Year One (Michael Cera, Jack Black)
Funny People (Rogen, Sandler)

Early Prediction: Paul Rudd and I Love You, Man will rule. But, watch out for Seth Rogen and his two movies coming out early in the year.

Shorty said...

I hated Nick & Norah...

You think Step Brothers was better than Tropic Thunder? I'm not sure...toss up I guess...Tropic Thunder was the better quality film, although Step Brothers may very well have had more LOL moments...tough call

Anonymous said...

I hated it too, but the girl was pretty good.