Friday, September 26, 2008

What 2 Watch This Weekend

FRIDAY

THE PRESIDENTIAL DEBATE - For those of you that have been following the presidential election until this point this might be a no brainer, but for those of you voters that don't this is a must watch for all of you. I am always interested on who will be the first one to skip his words.


UCONN VS. LOUISVILLE - Just to show face in Uconn nation, the Huskies will be on for the second straight week on prime time. Why do you ask? I can't give you an answer other than the Big East is hurting for recruits and this is the way to get them.



SATURDAY


3 games to watch to bad they all are played at the same time.


VIRGINIA TECH VS. NEBRASKA - Two teams with two entirely different styles. I am intrigued to find out how Nebraska will handle a fast faced Hokey team. I pick the Cornhuskers as a sleeper team this season and to prove that they will do some good this season they have to beat Tech at home.


ILLINOIS VS. PENN STATE - Let's get his straight right this second, I am a Nittany Lion as of right now and for the next year (or longer). This is the first real test for Penn State this season (even though they whooped on Oregon State, who in turn beat USC? Weird!). And Illinois had a tough week one lost verses Missouri and than beat the school of the blind and the school of the dark ages. Penn State has knocked off at least a quarter of their team due to disciplinary reasons, and still show signs that they can compete in the Big Ten. It will be loud Saturday night and I will be there...in spirit!


ALABAMA VS. GEORGIA - Get use to it. There will be a match up of SEC teams during every one of my What 2 Watch posts every week during the football season. Unbelievable game in Georgia I really am going to be tossed with the remote this Saturday. One of these teams will get there first loss of the early season, will it be costly. Would be my must watch game of the week but it is still baseball season!


SUNDAY


CLEVELAND VS. CINCINNATI - Just kidding!


MINNESOTA VS. TENNESSEE - If you like a game where there will be a ton of running of the ball and defense all over the place this is your game. The Titans are 3-0 and the Vikings are finally on the board with a win last week with the great Gus Ferotte at the helm (dork). Is it really possible that at the conclusion of this game the Titans could be 4-0 and Vikings 1-3? This is why I love football!


DALLAS VS. WASHINGTON - Bring it Dallas! Just not like you have been to the Browns, Eagles, and Packers. The game is at the 4 o'clock slot which is going to cut into my Sunday nap time period but I put up with it. Santana Moss has been going off as of late and if your a Dallas fan only one night should come to mind. LOL sorry Bri G!


PHILADELPHIA VS. CHICAGO - I have no idea why but I am really interested in this game. Probably because their are no fantasy players I need to worry about in this game , unless of course Brien Westbrook doesn't play...I picked up Correll Buckhalter. But, I really like the matchup and my guess is that it'll be a low scoring defensive game which means that it'll really be a shootout.


MUST WATCH GAME OF THE WEEK


MARLINS VS. METS

CUBS VS. BREWERS

NATIONALS VS. PHILLIES

ROYALS VS. TWINS

INDIANS VS. WHITE SOX


No matter how you look at the teams in the race for the final spots in the post season picture are all going to either clinch or choke on their home turf. After watching the highlights of last night's games, I can only imagine what we are in for this weekend. Two spots remain in the NL, the NL East title and the NL Wild Card, and in the AL only the AL Central title remains. This is absolutely must watch television for the weekend. Here's my picks who will come out with champaign bottles flowing in the locker room.


AL

Twins


NL

Phillies and Brewers

No comments: