Monday, September 1, 2008

The Best and The Worst

RUNNING BACKS

The most valued position to have in fantasy football. You need two solid running backs to compete all season long. Unfortunately, especially in keeper leagues, it is not always possible. Hence...my teams. The studs in the fantasy football drafts have been LaDainian Tomlinson, Adrian Peterson, Brian Westbrook, Joseph Addai, and Steven Jackson a.k.a Stevey. After these five then you might be tossed up on who to pick, and you might go elsewhere like a top receiver or top quarterback. Anyway here's your final help for you draft. Running backs leads to fantasy playoffs, remember that.

BEST



1. CLINTON PORTIS - While he is a Redskin, no matter who his offensive coordinator is, he will get the ball a lot during the course of the season, especially in the red zone. I have always wanted him on my teams but never got the chance. The Redskins's success relies on Portis and for this reason you have to draft him early.

2. MARION BARBER - The beast in big D, will score touchdowns in bunches as long as he stays healthy. Even with the drafting of Felix Jones, do not be concerned. Barber will be the stud that you thought he'd be a year ago.

3. FRANK GORE - The only offensive player I would draft from San Fran. Sorry Ricky but it is true!

4. MARSHAWN LYNCH - Buffalo has their best running back since Thurman Thomas in Lynch. Great for keeper leagues, better for touchdown leagues.

5. MAURICE JONES-DREW - His toughness, and his ability to make the big play is a good enough reason for me to have this guy on my team. Plus having a frail Fred Taylor that you compete carries with, you gotta find a way to get him on your team,


WORST



1. LENDALE WHITE - He was the main reason for me making the playoffs in my league last season. But, with the drafting of speedster Chris Johnson, White I guess in the eyes of the Titans just isn't the man they want. He will get red zone carries, and coach Jeff Fisher said that him and Johnson will split carries but ultimately I see Johnson taking over the bulk by week 4.

2. JUSTIN FARGAS - Another guy caught in a bad situation. After a great season, Fargas found himself with a new contract but a flashy athletic rookie running back in camp. Which means, if you get him on your team, he won't be seeing much time after week 3.

3. EDGERRIN JAMES - Barely got over 3 yard per carry last season, and it just looks like to me that Edge is on his last legs in Arizona.

4. SELVIN YOUNG - Never draft Bronco running backs. This rule has been established since I started fantasy football.

5. REGGIE BUSH - I don't know. Part of me wants him to be great, but the other part of me hopes he is a bust. Probably because he is in the same division I'm in. If your in a league that gives you points for catches, disregard Bush in this category.

1 comment:

Luke Williams said...

DEEZ here are 2 sleepers for you...

1) Michael Turner (ATL)-Finally has the opportunity to carry the load as a full time back. And it doesn't hurt that Jerious Norwood (who is very fast) can't run his way out of a paper bag.

2) Ray Rice (BAL) Willis McGahee is legit. He's a good back and has been for years but dude is nursing an injury hasn't been cleared to play or practice. All he has done this preseason is workout in a whirlpool. Musa Smith was good 5 years ago at UGA so I'll take my chances with Rice.