Friday, September 19, 2008

What 2 Watch This Weekend

A new installment to The Nutz. Since I never write on the weekends anymore, besides my schoolwork, I will be giving you what you should be watching this weekend in sports along with my "Must Watch Game of the Weekend". Enjoy the weekend ya'll!



FRIDAY


TWINS VS. RAYS - O.k. so the series started yesterday, but this is really a series to watch all weekend. Two of the league's youngest teams squaring off. Both trying to get to the postseason. The Rays will get in, it's just a matter of what spot. And honestly, the Twins could find a way to get by the White Sox with a good series. Last night was a good start!


SATURDAY


FLORIDA VS. TENNESSEE - Always a battle when these two meet. I put down in my College Football Preview that I think that Tennessee will be a bust this season, and I still could be right. But, don't you think for a second that they can't beat the #4 ranked Gators, especially at home.


THE RYDER CUP - During my break(s) today, I was able to come home and catch some of the best golf I have seen all year. The Ryder Cup is so fun to watch to me. The heavy underdog U.S. Team is leading after today 5.5 - 2.5. Not lying! We shall see how the Europeans react tomorrow. This is an event that will not be lost to me this weekend.


GEORGIA VS. ARIZONA ST - For the first time in nearly 50 years, Georgia goes to the far west for a regular season non conference matchup. The game might have lost some luster when Arizona State lost last weekend to UNLV. A team that I thought was going to do very well this season. What to watch for is Heisman Trophy candidate Knowshon Moreno. After failing to get 100 yards verses South Carolina, I see him blowing up this weekend.


LSU VS. AUBURN - The marquee matchup of the weekend takes us to SEC country where a pair of top 10 teams meet. LSU visits Auburn, a place where the LSU has not won since 1998. The last time LSU visited Auburn was a 7-3 loss on Sept. 16, 2006. Eleven of the last 18 matchups have been decided by a touchdown or less, including four in a row.


SUNDAY


SAINTS VS. BRONCOS - Can anyone say...shootout? After the great game with the Chargers last week where the NFL gave them a win, do the Broncos have enough offense for the Saints this Sunday? And after the loss at Washington, can the Saints be that team that everyone, including myself, thinks should be one of the top teams in the NFC. They need to prove it on the road in Denver this weekend.


COWBOYS VS. PACKERS - The Packers are the only home underdogs this weekend. Very strange, even for the NFL. The Cowboys are coming into this game after a short week which included an offensive show on Monday night. The question we will be hearing on the tube Sunday night again will be, "Is Aaron Rodgers the guy?". Stop it already! He is, let it go!


MUST WATCH GAME OF THE WEEKEND

ORIOLES VS. YANKEES - Sunday night the Yankees will be playing their last home game at Yankee Stadium. Two questions before I comment. One, why isn't their last home game on the last day of the regular season? And two, why are they playing the Orioles in their home finale? They could have fixed this when the schedule first came out, I am sure that somebody had to see that. It doesn't matter what happens during this game, but the pre-game I am sure will be something to watch and admire. You think that the All-Star game was special, wait til Sunday. You gotta hand that to the Yankees, they always come through with great ceremonies, or famous people throwing the first pitch, or singers during the 7th inning stretch. I have been to Yankee Stadium probably more times than any non-fan of them has gone to that I know of. And I gotta say that I am happy I have gotten to experience that, even if my team(s) were on the wrong end of the outcome. Enjoy the pre-game ceremony, I promise you won't want to miss it!

1 comment:

Shorty said...

BERNIE! BERNIE! BERNIE!