Friday, August 17, 2007

sorry...


I know that it has been a while for a post but there has been nothing good to write about lately and my boy the pitbull was around keeping me company. But, I had to write about how much I love Little League baseball. When your at my age you can remember, or make up, everything about your Little League experience. I can still to this day remember Scott Palmer throwing gas at my eyeballs. Or, the late Ralph Carey coaching another stacked squad to another league title. I can remember guys that I see every now and then and tell you what team they played for and how good they were. I was fortunate enough to play in all three leagues in Meriden and I have seen the best of the best of my era, ok now I sound old! But, watching todays opening game today was absolutely amazing! I will be pulling for the team from Massachusetts the whole way now after today. There is nothing more pure then Little League Baseball unless you come across a Danny Almonte. Well, I just wanted to finally post something that was well deserved and I really hope that you all have seen the last inning of the Massachusetts/Ohio opener. My pick opening the tourney is Texas, but my heart is with Mass....enjoy!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was an amazing catch by that CF from Mass. Some of my memeories of playing LL baseball consists of getting trucked by Ryan Kerelejza on a play at the plate, Playing with kids like Bart Bonet, Mike Esposito, and Elizer Gonzalez all who if noticed never played HS ball. There was also a local barber that was pretty good too. By watching LL baseball on TV brings back so much joy that we all used to have. I could talk about those days all the time.-Pitbull

Anonymous said...

I didn't see the game but I couldn't believe that Texas beat Arizona last night. I thought that they were just going to crush everyone. That lefty for Texas is real good though. Oh, they are in the same pool. Mass is in the other pool.- Pitbull

deez said...

i done told u about texas, and their #3 hitter might have the best swing outof everyone in the whole tourney!!!