Monday, August 20, 2007

Bargains and Busts


With the SFL Fantasy Draft closing in I thought that I would give you a little passage about my bargains and busts this NFL season. Since I have never made it to the postseason in the SFL yet, my hopes are that "This is the year!". If there was a word for my face in the picture above then that is the word to describe my fantasy football career. Not that any of you would actually take my predictions seriously being the biggest curse in fantasy football history, but I am doing this for my own amusement. Today, I will start with my busts. I will pick one player from each position and give my reasons for being a bust this coming season. A fantasy football bust is someone that you are considering very high this year on your draft board but will ultimately do nothing this year and it won't be just because of an injury. Enjoy...

QUARTERBACK- Vince Young, I love this kid as a football player. He is a born winner, and he looks to me that he knows how to orchestrate an offense. If I had him in a keeper league, he would be kept, for the record. But, I am not so sure that he will be able to put up good fantasy numbers this year. There just doesn't seem to be a lot around him this season. The Titans still don't have a starting running back yet and can anyone tell me who their number one receiver is? Don't give me Brandon Jones either because if he is, he is going to have to play huge this year for them to be successful. Like I said, I love Vince Young but this won't be a good fantasy year for him. It might be the only bad fantasy year for him though.

RUNNING BACK- Julius Jones, your time is over. I do not care that your yards have gone up in each of the last three seasons. That is only because you finally played a full season last year. Marion Barber will put up more points fantasy this season and here is why. Barber never fumbles, for this reason he will eat up the clock and yards at the end of the game if the Cowboys are up. Inside the 20 yard line will be where Jones will be sent back to the sidelines. Bearing injury Jones will probably get his 1,000 yards on the ground this year but that is all I see.

WIDE RECEIVER- I really don't have one this year, i could settle for any of the top 20 wide outs for my #1 this season. So how about this, I am going to stay away from Dolphin, Titan, Raven, and Falcon receivers. There it is!

TIGHT END- Let's put it this way if you don't one of the top 7 tight ends in the league your basically hoping on a miracle with the other ones that you select. Can anyone tell me why I see Vernon Davis so high on every ones rank list. The kid is a freak of nature body size, but he played in 10 games last season and only came up with 265 receiving yards. Sorry, not buying it! Wouldn't even think of drafting this guy until I have my 4 running backs.

KICKER- Who cares right! Well, when you live with a kicker it's really hard to ignore them. So here you go I have two. Stephen Gostowski and Martin Grammatica, one will rarely see the field because his team will be scoring touchdowns and the other will rarely see the field because some defender will crush him when his is jumping around like an idiot after hitting a 24 yard field goal!


biggest bargains coming tomorrow!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't have anything to say about fantasy football but what a face.-Pitbull

Shorty said...

Larry Johnson & Steve Smith -- Huge drop-off years coming...

deez said...

i think that u might be right as well