Thursday, July 12, 2007

The Vacation in "The Den" in Review...


It is safe to say that in the next months or years to come unfortunately I will be using my vacation time from work to see the sites and sounds of good old Meriden, Connecticut. I could just some up my week in review as simply: binging! But, that would be a little boring. So I'll just give you a brief look at my week in the CT.

MONDAY: I arrive in Hartford somewhat on time and I am greeted by seeing my boys Pablo and Chad drive up to me in The Wolverine and Count Chocula costumes respectively. Oh, so this is how the week is going to start! We drove to Pablo and Tina's house where where a bunch of the guys and I continued to play beerdie til about 1 or 2 in the morning...nice, safe to say I was feeling it and this is how the week was going to continue.


TUESDAY: Woke up on the couch at Kevin and Chad's with no problem up at the crack of dawn and these jerks had nothing to eat in the house for deez. No car, no food, oh and by the way no Chad and Kevin. Kev-o slept in cuz he decided to close the store for 3 days, made sense...HA! And Chad was with the wife and I was dying for at least a coffee, something! Chad finally came brought me to the great Alan's Cup & Saucer and I was happy to say the least. Later in the day Chad decided that he needed some work done on his shoulder and I went for the ride well after that was done, the week really started. Instead on the owner of Pigtails to go back to work, he decided to have a best-of-seven game series in beerdie at Pablos at 4 in the afternoon. To make a long story short, I was down 3 games to 1 and came back to win the series. But, before game 7 I puked in Pablo and Tinas bushes that Tina found later and I think that I am still on her shitlist for. Safe to say we were there again that night and Chad decided to tell everyone that showed up that I puked at 530 in the afternoon. What are friends for, right?


WEDNESDAY: July 4th, Beerdie Tourney at Nicole and Keiths, just for me! Sweet right, not really this was the start of a real bad day! First tourney, The Rick and yours truly, two games and out, see ya bye! Me and Rick will never be teammates again decided by a huge panel after the tourney. After watching other teams still winning and advancing I watched, and drank. Second tourney, me and Kev-o, played alot better but a worse result as we lost are first two games by 1 f'n point both games...sweeeet! Onto, the bar. Kelvin, Kev-o, and myself (The Pitbull came too later on but he needed a nap) were going to be the only troopers of the night and were we ever. The drinks were flowing like wine and fast too. The next thing from that night I remember was some punk-ass kid who will never be named on this blog cuz you all know his name, ran his mouth and beer muscles deez was not having it tonight. As tempers flared and the tough guy got kicked out of the bar and I didn't, it was time to try and forget about what happened and shots started to get fired down by me and the people who were there with me. Another late night another early morning and we are on to Thursday!


THURSDAY: I was hurtin, thinking about why I drank so much and why I wanted to waste my time with this kid. HURTIN!!! Went and saw alot of family this day and also wanted a steamed cheese burg and look who decided to show up to work...Kev-o! After sitting around with a couple of guys waiting for my other buddy Chad to come in to work (didn't show until 230) Kev-o puts me to work and I go and do couple of deliveries for the kid. Why not, the baller paid my bar tab and tried to calm me down the night before, so I did it. After smelling of pure onions and burgers and whatever else, I went home took another shower and saw some more family members and had dinner over Mif and Stef's. This would be the only night I would have under six drinks. And that was Thursday...haha!


More to come tomorrow, with a wedding and more drinking and Billy Jean and much, much more!

No comments: