Friday, July 13, 2007

The Vacation in "The Den" in Review part 2...


On to the weekend...

FRIDAY: My first appearance at the tree house all week. Needless to say there was a lot of work to be done. For those who do not know, I am trying to sell me and Tim's house on North Colony Road and so things have to be in great form in case of a showing. For those of you interested in buying...small house, huge yard, nice deck, city park behind the property, and last but certainly not least a 15 by 10 foot tree house. A steal at 149,000! The tree house might come with a pig too, not yet determined. So worked there most of the day then traveled to Hartford with my date for the rehearsal dinner for Chris and Melissa's wedding. I've been out of Connecticut for 4 1/2 months and I got lost in Hartford. Sweet and not just lost, LOST! Everyone was at the church waiting for me to show up, 1/2 hour later I show and they waited. Thanks, that wasn't embarrassing! Went to the Hartbeat with the wedding party after to this sweet place called Vaughns, Irish Pub. Nice place, beers were kind of flowing and it was a good time, but I showed a glimpse of my dancing skills and the wedding party made me pay for it on Saturday. Good night, better tomorrow!

SATURDAY: Gotta chance to hit downtown Meriden Dunkin Donut early that morning before I went to Chris' brother-in-law, Cary's house. God, I couldn't think of a better reason why I live where I live right now. Meriden is in deep, deep trouble. It's so gross, and the atmosphere is so depressing that I walked into D & D and walked the buck out! While at Cary's we had a huge breakfast with some beers and champagne, this is 1030 in the morning! Off to the church, we show up, I didn't want to attempt to drive, and the church was locked! Lucky for us the priest showed up on time and we just were too early. The ceremony went well, besides the fact that I had to stand on a marble floor for a hour, 20 minutes with a 2 foot candle in my hand. After the church it was off to Old Saybrook for the reception on the water front, in a limo bus. Sweeeet! Pictures lasted not as long as I thought and the dinner was good, but I couldn't eat because I hurt my jaw somehow during the ceremony, so I drank...more! Dancing time and I was laying low, my date wasn't into it and I just wanted to hang. But then it hit me, I am outside and I here a beat that sounds very, very familiar. It's Michael Jackson, Billie Jean! You know your boy tore up the floor and danced with every mom in there, in a circle! Then I started feelin the floor. The lawnmower came out and the shovel. I was in the zone, you probably already know this. The rest of the night is pretty much a blur, I know that I went to Jacoby's and saw Kev, Kel, Chad (he was allowed cuz of a wedding that night), and Eric. And to top things off, I remember walking with my date up to bed, but Sunday morning I was on the couch! Damn!

SUNDAY: Woke up hurtin at 9 in the morning, again! Went to go and get my car and made my way back to the tree house for a day in East Hampton with Pabs, Tina, Chad, Cam, Justin, and the Pitbull with his wife Trac on the lake at my former boss' place. Lots of beerdie and drinking from noon til I left at roughly 6 for a trip back to the great Gary Owens pub. Safe to say this was the worse drinking day of my trip back. Frank Sims among others got me wasted! Couldn't talk, walk, but I could make it to the bathroom to yack after a shot of Jack Daniels....nice! Two times throwing up in Meriden, what a week. My good friend Chops brought me home but I wish that I could remember what time! Thanks buddy!

MONDAY: My last day, heard my phone ring 5 times that morning, but I couldn't move to get it. Hurtin! I had a lot of people to see that day because time was running out and I wasn't sure when I would be back in the lovely state. Rushing around seeing this person and that family member, before I knew it, it was 5 and I wanted to see my pops. And when I see him what does he do, goes outside to do yard work. Whataguy!! So I went out to help him and my mom made us dinner before I went to see the guys one last time back where I started my week, Pablo and Tina's. Everyone was there, all my dogs! Wasn't really in the mood to drink but did it anyway. Stayed there til about 1230 as they slowly started to leave. Got back to my place at 1, I sat on the couch, did a deep breath and said to myself..."Thank you for the safe week with the people that I have much love for." And went to sleep!

I would like to say thanks to a bunch of my peeps that was looking out for me all week:

Chad, Pablo, Marc, Kev-o, Kel, Adam, Keith and Nicole, Stef and Mif, The Rick, Chris, Justin, Mr. and Mrs. Farone, Chops, Frank, KRG, Rob and Ang, the new Mr. and Mrs. Hanson, Gary, Cary, Merry, Z, Shawn G, Kate, my parents, and of course ILL WILL

The time that I spent with Y'LL was too good to be true. When I left back in February, I didn't know that I would still have this strong relationship with everyone. I am going to miss y'll more than you realize and I'll see you soon enough!

Much love,
deez

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hurry back Deez-Boyz....I'm not done whipping your arse in beerdie.......it was good to see you bro