Thursday, June 12, 2008

Random Thoughts Today


I have many random thoughts going into the writing of today's blog and most of them have nothing to do with sports. But, I really don't want to bore you with those thoughts. Before I get into my thoughts for today, a very big College World Series Preview will be written tomorrow night just so I get my picks in time for Saturday afternoon's start of this great tournament. Just to remind everyone, I correctly picked 5 of the 8 teams that advanced to Omaha. MAN I'M GOOD!


If I was going to pick a weekend to watch golf for 4 straight days without interruption it would be this weekend. At 8:06 this morning Tiger Woods, Phil Mickelson, and Adam Scott teed of in probably the best 3some to open the US Open. I already know the scores for most of the players, but this is a long, long tournament. As I expected the leader was going to be around -2 to -3 and I really think the winner will finish at about -10. Torrey Pines has been Tiger's best course when it comes to Opens and Phil grew up on this course and has been waiting for another opportunity to win close to his home. I don't know if either of these guys will win it, but it'll be nice for once that we finally get a chance to see them paired together on a Sunday.


I don't know if everyone feels this way but I am really sick and tired of all the scandals that are happening in out major sports. Tim Donaghy's name is driving me crazy. The NBA finally has gotten my attention for the past couple of years and now I am really ready to turn my back on them again. When I wasn't watching the NBA as much I was always saying that the NBA was a fixed league. But I was kidding around! Now this guy who has gotten himself into trouble and is now selling the FBI anything that they want. Proving to me that I was serious all along. Nice NBA! I have always liked the way David Stern has handled his role as commissioner of the NBA, I am just interested to see how will he get the NBA out of this huge disaster. I know this much, I won't be looking in the boxscore for how many points so-and-so had in tonight's game. But, I will be taking a look at the fouls and foul shots.


Oh and by the way, the Lakers are home tonight and they will win! You heard it here first. Foul shot differential Lakers 50 Celtics 10.


Chad Johnson is the biggest phony I know. What a (word for a cat)!!! He was so big and bad in front of the media all off season and the Bengals called his bluff and he lost. HAHAHAHA! You suck Chad now I am not pissed that the Redskins didn't get you.


(This is for my cousin) M -E -T -S! MetsMetsMets!!! They suck!!!! How in the world do you get swept by a team like the San Diego Padres that are missing their two stud aces and have a line up that resembles a MASA D team. Another thing is why Willie Randolph still in the dugout is beyond me? Hey New York, the Pitbull needs a coaching job, and I know for a fact that he'll do a better job then stinky Willie.


Finally, I would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone, especially Pablo and Tina, for such a great weekend. It really was a blast for me, not only for you to include me in your wedding party, but to be in the company of everyone I care about in one place on your wedding day was great. I had such a great weekend that lasted what seemed like a couple of hours. Hopefully Glastonbury comes a callin and I'll be home before I know it. I didn't realize how much I missed all of you until this past weekend, love you all! And to Chad, Kev, and Chops thanks for the couch...again!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

when chad johnson put on the Future HOF jacket, the first thing that came to my mind he is not even close of becoming a HOFer. guys like him and TO should go and play in the CFL. no one whats him on thier team.

I think i was the only met fan who hated when the mets got willie. he is a life long yankee and he should have stayed there. i told everyone when the dodgers were in town, the mets should have talked to larry bowa. he would kick the players in the nutz and maybe they can start playing baseball or the pitbull can do the samething. i would even take ed zajac. i want to know who else in out there in the league over 40 the mets can sign for a 4 or 5 year deal. soon it will be J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS season, wait they suck too, but i still have notre dame, i think they schedule northern illinois and southern connecticut this year so they will still suck. so i think i will never see my fav. team win anything in my life time

just remember deez there will all ways be a job opening for you at Aresco's. i love you deez and i had a great time monday night. what was i thinking stay down in fl. just remember im in the 2% category

your favorite cousin
adam ant